Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to Books

Today was "Back to School" at the beautiful Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. (Don't let the pic fool you--it was taken last year. Today was gross and gray and drizzly, but it was good to be back nonetheless). I had Hermeneutics (which is another word, like "Calvinism", that I never heard before coming to God School).. There are 96 people in my class!! And it's not in a lecture hall, but in a room, so we were packed in like Gospel sardines and some guys even had to sit in random extra chairs along the wall. The prof is hilarious and I'm looking forward to thinking with him.

This semester, all of my classes are here:
Binkley Chapel


just like normal. All of my classes have been in Binkley's basement, actually. It's convenient, but boring...especially since ALL of my courses will be in the same room this semester. Awesome. Brown desks and orange plastic chairs. 70's-tastic!! It's ugly, but it's great :) I feel so blessed that THIS is my life! I am so blessed to have the means and opportunity to study at this amazing school and to "do God" all the time! This is definitely a precious season!! The only drawback to today is that I was jonesin' for some McD's fries during the whole class! So I got some and a GIANT Dr. Pepper before going to the church. Def fell off the p90x wagon!! (Well...I fell off this morning when I hit the snooze button for an hour-forty-five instead of working out...and then the wagon ran me over when I had danish for breakfast...so in retrospect, the fries did not ruin my day and are, therefore, totes justified!) No excuses, tomorrow! Power90 with The Doc on campus at 7:30am. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John! Gonna work this junk until it's gone!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment