Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm a Terrible Blogger!

I apologize for being so slack, lately. Thanksgiving, a ruptured eardrum, and getting ready for finals'll do that to a girl.


In other news, I made a gingerbread house!


Here is a front view

And a rear/side view


Making this was quite an adventure. I thought, "How hard can it be to make gingerbread?" (for the record: it's not hard to make gingerbread. What IS hard is making sure that the pieces you cut do not shrink...aka...making sure they still all fit together after baking). Whatevsies. I'm resourceful. I re-cut the baked pieces and made two bowls of royal icing and got to work. I made my two main "levels" of the house, and when I stacked them...the whole thing collapsed and wound up in the trash. C'est la vie. 


Next year, illusive homemade gingerbread house. Next. Year. As for now, this beaut' from a kit will be my submission into the SEBTS Gingerbread-House-for-Rent-Credit-Competition. If you're a student housing rez here at the seminary, GO VOTE FOR MEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment