Friday, January 21, 2011

The 30 Day Challenge--Day 2

Day 2 - A picture of you and the person you are closest to

In each season of life, The LORD has blessed me with fabulous friends. In elementary school, it was Taryn. In middle and high school, it was Noel. In college, it was Casey. In seminary (even though we don't go to school together), it's Lauren. And if you can't tell us apart in the picture, well, that's proof positive that we're soulmates ;)

She and I met at church almost a year and a half ago. Though we met in North Carolina in our 20's, we soon realized that we went to elementary school together in Georgia (and we have the yellow 1993 yearbook to prove it!). She and I clicked like magic a few months after we met and we've been pretty much inseparable ever since (though she decided to be a grown up, save the world, play Elle Woods and up and move to Washington DC on me!). 

I love her to the moon and back! She and I are pretty much the same.exact.person. and we wouldn't have it any other way. I also am totally in love with her family (for many reasons, including the fact that they totally remind me of my own family...surprise, surprise!). Long story not-so-long, Lauren is the sprinkles on my doughnut. We've been through a lot in this past year-ish of being friends, and she literally knows everything about me. I am so thankful that God provided me with such an incredible friend. Meeting you, Lauren, and getting to know your family is what has turned this town into my "home". I love you :)

2 comments:

  1. AAAAHHHHHH so embarrassed that it took me three days to read this! It totally made me cry! You are the flower on my headband and the bows on my flats. I love you so very, very much and think about you constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You SHOULD be embarrassed!! jk

    And I am beyond honored to be your flower and bows :)

    ReplyDelete