Monday, January 24, 2011

the 30 Day Challenge--Day 5

Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory.

Um...seriously?! Just one favorite memory? I don't have just one, but here is a picture of one of the coolest things I have experienced in my life!


This picture was taken in Mumbai, India last January. While I was teaching piano, the woman in the blue came into my room and sat on the floor in front of me. I asked if she was there for a lesson, and she said "no". After a few minutes of her just sitting there and staring at me, I asked again if she would like to learn to play and she said "no". I rephrased this question a few more times, and she kept saying "no", so I finally asked if she was there just to listen and she said...you guessed it..."no". 
Convinced that there was just some huge language barrier, I decided to keep teaching my student while I waited for the translator to return. While teaching, the woman just started speaking. She told me that her right arm had been paralyzed for years. I left the piano and sat on the floor in front of her. She told me how she had been to many doctors and even had exploratory surgery and they couldn't find a cause or a cure. She had met some people from my group the night before and she had heard them speaking about God. She asked if I thought my God could heal her. After talking a while about power and faith, the other students (who were in the room) and I gathered around her, laid hands on her, and prayed. 
For a while, nothing happened. I went back to teaching, the students went back to their assignments, and she continued to sit on the floor. A few minutes later, she LIFTED HER ARM IN THE AIR AND SHOUTED PRAISES TO THE LORD! He healed her! 
The room erupted in shouting and praises, so much so that the men who were in the next room came in, including the woman's husband. He looked at she and I with a very concerned look and I said "Tell him what happened! Tell him what happened!" but she was too overwhelmed to speak. She just lifted her arm in the air! He ran back out to get the other men and while he was gone, Kirk (the man in white) had come into our room and said "What happened? I saw this woman yesterday! She was paralyzed!" At that moment, I was able to snap this awesome picture of him high-fiving her no longer paralyzed arm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment