Sunday, January 23, 2011

The 30 Day Challenge--Day 4

Day 4 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.

I wish I could forget the hurt that came when we lost him. This Founder's Day, it'll be 4 years, but I still cry whenever I see his picture, whenever my Dad speaks of him in the present tense (as if nothing happened), and whenever I'm at Grandma's house and she has his bedroom door closed as if he never existed. He was so respected in life, but some have disrespected him in so many ways since he passed. It's to the point where my Dad and I have to leave the room sometimes when we're with certain people because of how they speak about him (specifically, about his mental state as he deteriorated) and because of how they act in his house.

A decorated war hero, a devoted husband and father, and (most importantly) a very firm believer in Christ Jesus, Grandpa, you are sorely missed. I love you more than I ever realized while you were still with us. You are so lucky to be with Jesus right now. I am heartbroken without you, but I am full of peace knowing that God has restored and healed you and that you are free of pain and that your body is complete. 



I just wish it didn't hurt so bad to remember you...

1 comment:

  1. I've never had a Grandaddy but always wanted one. Both of mine were gone before I was born. Just remember that the love you had for him and that he had for you is worth the hurt you have to have lost him. It's worth it! Love you, Bekah!

    ReplyDelete